What is Alberta Elder Abuse Awareness Council?
The Alberta Elder Abuse Awareness Council is a group of Albertans dedicated to increasing awareness and supporting a community response to elder abuse. Canada’s fastest growing population is over the age of 65 and rapidly becoming vulnerable to abuse that can rob them of their well-being, dignity and, horrifyingly, their lives. AEAAC is:
● A province-wide network of professionals
● Representing communities across Alberta
● Promoting the well-being of older adults
● Working to increase community awareness
● Developing resources to address elder abuse
● Strengthening the right to safety, respect, and dignity