The Alberta Elder Abuse Awareness Network is a network of Albertans dedicated to increasing awareness and supporting a community response to elder abuse. Canada’s fastest growing population is over the age of 65 and rapidly becoming vulnerable to abuse that can rob them of their well-being, dignity and, horrifyingly, their lives. AEAAN is:
● a province-wide network of professionals
● represented by communities across Alberta
● promoting the well-being of older adults
● working to increasing community awareness
● developing resources to address elder abuse
● strengthening the right to safety, respect and dignity
Please watch and call when you are aware that an older adult is being mistreated.